Do you have a co-worker that drives you nuts? I have one and he is the over arrogant, talkative and downright lazy person that you would rather disappear! But of course you can never actually make this person disappear; you just have to deal with him the best way you can. Here are some ways to handle irritating co-workers:
The best thing that you could probably do is just to let the annoying things that your co-worker does to just roll off your back. Just keep a positive attitude and do your work. Anyway, he will never be able to finish his work or he will likely be transferred or terminated because of his negligence anyway. Stay focused and you will find yourself spending less time looking at his flaws.
Find a common ground between the two of you
If you think of only the negative side of your co-worker then chances are you will have a hard time accepting him. Why not find something that you two can compromise on. Find common interest like computer games, interest in the same song genre or even as subtle as the same taste in clothing. You will eventually find him less irritating when you find something common between the both of you.
Be kindness and rewind…. Well don’t rewind just be kind
Even if you are dealing with a bully or someone that is out to bring you down, these people will never succeed when you turn their plans against them. Take your attention away from their plans and do not let these bring you down. Keep your chin up and stay away from any arguments or debates. Remember that doing this will only cause a negative impact on your work. Smile and show them that they can never rain on your parade and continue your work as usual.
Reject their attention in a polite manner
Be true to your feelings. If you just can’t stand the annoyingness of a co-worker, simply say no. tells them to respect your space and be polite about it. This will give them red flags that you mean business and that they should never bother you anymore especially when their concern is not work-related.
Assert your rights!
If you simply just had enough, assert your rights and take charge of the situation. If you have done every solution to deal with an irritating co-worker then you should come up to his face and tell him that he is affecting your productivity at work. Be polite but firm. If this does not solve anything, escalate the problem to your boss. Remember that each employee deserves a healthy and positive work environment and so never let bully co-worker drive you off the wall!
Focusing on your co-worker’s flaws like his arrogance, laziness and stubbornness will only irritate you more and will make you become less focused on your work. If his attitude is just too much, your boss will be able to catch on to the problem and will surely call his attention. Your last step should be to ignore!
Your own small business can help you fulfil your personal financial goals for you and your family. By using sound small business management tips anyone can run his own business with ease. Here are some business management strategies you may find helpful:
- Open your mind for advice – beginners are often too excited during business start-up that they fail to follow expert advice causing them costly mistakes. Take time to find sound advice from experts, business professionals and people who are prominent in business that also started out small.
- Get professional help – do not overlook business management training conducted online, from community canters or colleges. You will learn so many strategies and business advice when you choose to get professional help.
- Online marketing – aside from using traditional offline marketing strategies, you may want to start online marketing like using an official site or blog site, using social networking sites like Facebook or Twitter, using an online payment system, using videos and how to advice and so many more. Online marketing is the most popular marketing techniques these days since almost everyone uses the web every day. Online marketing will help you reach your target market with ease.
- Manage your cash flow efficiently – most small businesses fail at income management since they do not have a specific cash flow strategy. You must keep your books organized, possibly a separate bank account for your business, keeping an update on payments made to suppliers and money coming in and of course seeking financial advice should you need one.
- Manage your employees– you need a sound employee management plan as well since your business will grind to a halt without them. From training your employees, developing a suitable compensation plan, scheduling and evaluation of their skills for work, you must be able to meet their needs so that they will be able to work more efficiently as well. Remember that when employees become dissatisfied with their work, your business, customer relations and services suffer. Do not overlook your employee management to prevent these complications.